• Elected Supervisor in Frederick County
• Elected Alternate Delegate to Republican National Convention 2016
• Elected delegate to multiple Virginia Republican state conventions
• Legislative Director/staff for three congressmen
• Legislative Director/staff for EPA and REA
• Campaign director/staff for U.S. Congressional and U.S. Senate races
• Volunteer for numerous local, state, and federal campaigns
• Member Frederick County Republican Committee
• Founder and president of Dunn Financial Advisors, LLC
• Citigroup affiliate registered rep
• History teacher in Massachusetts
• Technical Rep for Union Carbide
• MA University of Massachusetts in Diplomatic History
• BS Clarkson College of Technology in Industrial Distribution
• Certified Financial Planner designation
• Married to Joy Dunn – teacher for 20 years
• Member Fellowship Bible Church
• Member Izaak Walton League
• Member Virginia Citizens Defense League
• Boy Scout Commissioner - former
• Eagle Scout and Order of the Arrow
• Mountaineer expedition leader
• Vice President Jaycees in NJ - former
• Church involvement with refugee relief
Blaine Dunn is a Frederick County supervisor elected in a special election in 2015 and re-elected in 2017 for a four-year term. He has been Chair of the Human Resources Committee, Code and Ordinance, and Technology. He also has been a member of the Public Safety committee, the Northern Shenandoah Valley Regional Commission, and liaison to the Fire and Rescue Association, Tourism Board, Handley Library, and Parks and Rec Commission. As a supervisor, he has advocated for multiyear budget plans, cost effective spending, and has testified before a Virginia Senate committee on proffer reform and impact fees. He voted in favor of the recent Frederick County resolution to reaffirm the Second Amendment rights of citizens.
Blaine Dunn is the owner and president of Dunn Financial Advisors, LLC which provides fiduciary fee only financial advice to individuals and small businesses. He started the business from the ground up. He holds a Certified Financial Planner designation. Washington Magazine named Blaine as one of the best 35 financial planners in the greater Washington, D.C. metropolitan area. He also has served as a Board member, regional chair, and ethics chair for the National Association of Personal Financial Advisors. He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Industrial Distribution from Clarkson College of Technology and a Master of Arts degree in Diplomatic History from the University of Massachusetts.
Prior to his starting Dunn Financial Advisors, he served as legislative director/staff for congressmen Staton, Marks, and Whalen. He also has been on the legislative staff for the Environmental Protection Agency and the Rural Electrification Agency. Before becoming involved in politics, he taught history and was a technical rep for Union Carbide.
On a personal note, Blaine is an evangelical Christian and is an active member of Fellowship Bible Church. He has been an Eagle Scout, Boy Scout Commissioner, expedition leader at Philmont, member of the Virginia Citizens Defense League, NRA, and Izaak Walton League of America. He enjoys mountaineering, sports, cultural events, and historical places. Having been detained by the East Germans and Russians in Berlin, he fully appreciates the freedom we have in the United States. He is married to Joy Dunn, a retired teacher, and has enjoyed living in Virginia since 1976.